Monday, January 13, 2014

Getting Officially Started

This weekend we did begin the t-shirts but we didn't get very far into it. We had a very busy weekend and I am surprised we got some work done. Tags are yet to write and complete though but I am not really worried about that. They will most likely be simple and not as extravagant as  had imagined because it would be time wasted if we spend more time and money on tags rather than the t-shirts themselves.

We also realized that we needed to re-establish our goal money and when we realized how much it was we were kinda surprised because we thought it was more and we were worried. Our goal money is $1,500 which is a lot, we get that, but I think we are on the right track. We would need to sell 100 shirts to get to this goal and we already have some large groups of people that we have sold to or are going to sell to.

A hundred shirts may seem like a lot, but when you sell shirt after shirt by a little or a lot, it all adds up and I am sure we can get there we have the motivation all we need is time which we haven't really had lately especially with midterms around the corner. Although we don't have much time, we have to learn how to use what we have. Even if it's 15 minutes I guess we could make a design or organize material. We could post an Instagram or text a few friends who might be interested. We also need to learn that we can't work with each other for every single little thing in the project.

Something a little irrelevant to what i was saying but last Friday, we watched a Ted X event video of a young bot talking about what he wants to be is to be happy, and I really want to incorporate what he said in his speech into the quotes on the shirts or tags or into the design. I really did appreciate what he had to say because I realized I had always felt the same about school and what I want to do when i grow up because I honestly don't know. All I want to do is be happy and i think through this project is helping each one of us get closer to realizing and thinking of what really does make us happy.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Olivia,
    My name is Carley and I am currently a junior at the University of Saint Joseph in CT studying Special Education with Elementary Certification. I will be your blog pal until the end of the semester! I look forward to reading about the progress of you designing t-shirts! I can't wait to read more in weeks to come!

    ReplyDelete