Monday, March 3, 2014

Post 18

During this whole project, I feel like I have started to experience and learn a whole new way to look at how things in the "real" world look are. Like how businesses and companies work and how sometimes the best things may come from a chance of fate that you were in the right spot at the right time.

This week we were asked the question of what we liked the most/ least about 20 time and what we would do differently. In all honesty, what I liked most was how as a student in high school, you are told exactly what to do and how to do it when working on various assignments for different classes; in this project though we were given the opportunity to a project where we chose what we want to do and how we want to do it. This is so important to me because at this age, you always fee like everyone tells you what to do and your teachers, parents, etc. treat you like you don't know what you're talking about. And most of the time, I have learned that I have been slightly off when making assumptions or plans but at least I can make changes with howitzer deal with these things and learn from my mistakes. This was our first experience to find out how we think and potentially find what we are best suited to do in life. With other projects, you make a mistake and you get a bad grade.This is our time to do whatever we want and make mistakes.

What I like least is that my schedule has become so busy I feel like I don't even have time to think. Though this project doesn't have a rubric, I still have other projects that I do and on top of that, all of my extracurricular activities that have no limit of scheduling events. I feel like it's extra stress and I wish I had all time to focus on it because it can be very time consuming.


What I wish I would've done differently is that I wish I would've been I little strict with my free time in the beginning of the school year so that I would've gotten a better head start on the project. But this week I am really excited to do more work on it because for the first time in forever, I have a free weekend and hopefully Elysse does too!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Olivia!
    It's great that you are starting to make those connections to the real world. I can see this project has really benefited you so far. I really enjoyed reading your reflection on what you like the most and least about the 20 Time. Another person also mentioned time- management and how demanding this project is. I also liked how you provided feedback on what you would do differently (if you were to do this project again). I give you a lot of credit for completing this project, as it isn't easy to do!
    -Carley

    ReplyDelete